Friday, December 10, 2010

Testing Pizz Custom Colors

I recently met a great guy named Paul from Pizz Customs. He custom paints lures that are awesome!! We talked about targeting bass and also throwing big cranks for big trout. He said "that would be a first for me". So, we met up at Lake Irvine. Paul was late due to traffic, so I stayed near the cove until he arrived. I thought that would be a great time to test the new Bite-On Scent for Bass. Well two very quick fish on almost back-to-back casts lead me to believe it works!! I'll have to do more testing with plastics and other tackle. these two came on bright cranks in shallow water.

Once in the boat, we hit a variety of areas, depths and presentations. We got good bites on jigs from 10-30 feet of water, but were getting short bit alot. So, back to shallow crankin for trout I went.

Once at the cliffs near Rocky Point, we started getting followers on chartreuse cranks like Normans and Bombers. I decided to ask Paul if I could test some of his custom one-of-a-kind colors. He was more than happy to oblige. I tied on a dark blue backed shad pattern painted on a Rebel 10-15' diver, but casted it in 2-3' of water and slow rolled it.

First cast and SLAM!!! A hard pulling and good sized fish hammered it and swam for deeper water. I was using the new 7' Phenix cranking stick with 14lb mono. The fish STILL pulled drag and I had to hand feed some. I forget to loosen the drag when I switch to trout during the day :(. Paul did a great job with the net and was patient. Every time the bow saw the net, he ran! Paul finally netted it and on the boat it was. This was a very deceiving fish. It fought AND looked like a DD model, but weighed in at just over 7 lbs. Doesn't matter, it was a blast! The cool thing was it coming on Paul's bait and a big trout, a first on his paint!
If you haven't seen his stuff, check it out at Pizz Customs or on Facebook at Pizz Customs. I have more pics at home, so i'll update later tonight. Good friends, good times and a few fish. who could ask for more. Thanks for reading!

A shot with the color of the day: Dark Blue Back Shad on a Rebel

This stick aint just for bass

The new Bite-On Bass Scent and the results
Paul from Pizz with his first fish of the day on a Custom Daimiki
Here is an awesome example of Pizz Custom Blue Gill Pattern
The New Threadfin Shad color from Pizz Customs






No comments:

Post a Comment